how to add a post function to transition

Deleted user March 26, 2014

I am really the first experience with jira. I would like to ask for help on this issue. I want to make sure that when I close a ticket, a certain type of ticket that I decide early, but this ticket is automatically cloned due date with increased value, in days, that I can decide, for example 30 days. I'm reading the documentation on Adding a post function to transition but maybe a small practical example would help me a lot.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Sorensen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Without knowing exactly which version of JIRA you're using. I'm using 5.2.

Go to the workflow edit page where you can see all your states and transitions in a graph.

Hover over the transition I want to put a post function on, I'll see the name/tag and there will be a gear in the bubble, click on that gear.

See "View Conditions, View Validators, View Post Functions, ...". Click on View Post Functions

I see 5 post functions by default on my transitions. You can Add new ones via click on "Add" near the top of this window. Select your function and options.

You can also Edit existing functions, move them up/down, or delete them.

Save your changed workflow afterward. Seriously consider backing up your old workflow to a different name.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2014

I'm not sure I understand the requirement. I get as far as "when I close an issue", but then I'm a bit stuck

What do you mean by "a certain type that I decide early" - do you mean you only want to do this process for (say) "bugs"?

In the next bit, you say "this issue automatically cloned two dates with increased value" - do you reall mean "cloned"? Or "closed"? And the two values - do you always want to increase them by the same amount, or should the user choose a value? Or do you just want to force them to change them by at least that amount?

Most of this is possible with post-functions, but I'm not 100% as I don't understand the requirement.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2014

You just had to confirm you meant cloning.

You'll need to find/write post-functions that can create new issues in the current project and take their creation data from the current issue.

It sounds like your data fields will need some processing as well, to add numbers to what you take from the current issue

exactly so. I want to take the due date that I'm closing the issue, open a new issue inheriting the details and adding 30 days to the Due Date

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 26, 2014

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events