how to achieve the multi level text fields?

bhanubp April 28, 2013

Requirement :

I'd like two sections for estimates (broken up with a divider). The first section should be called P50 Estimates, and needs two fields: P50 Dev Estimate, and P50 Test Estimate. The second section should be called P90 Estimates, and also needs two fields: P90 Dev Estimate, and P90 Test Estimate.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bhanubp May 13, 2013

This is achieved by adding four diffrent fields.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2013

You haven't bothered to tell us which system you are talking about, or given us much else in the way of describing the field/fields layout or display. Or what you've got now.

Please clarify your question, and in a way that describes what you want properly.

bhanubp April 28, 2013

it's Jira 5.2.7 version. we want to create two set of fields(estimate) called P50 and P90 and under P90 again we need to have 2 more fileds called p90Dev and p90Test and same under p50.

bhanubp April 28, 2013

bascially i want to divide 4 fileds into 2 sets..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2013

What do you mean by "have field 1 under field 2"? Have you tried working with the standard "cascading select list" yet?

I ask because it's a good baseline - if you test a certain type of field, you can then tell us if it works for you, and/or what it needs to do differently. This is easier than a requirement plucked out of the air with no starting examples.

bhanubp April 28, 2013

i have already tested cascading select list and our requirment is almost similar but it we want user to enter the values in the filed and it shouldn't be select list

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2013

That's still not enough to work with really. "almost similar" - what needs changing? "enter values" - er, that's what you do with fields. "shouldn't be select list" - ok, but what should it be? You mention text in your question, but that's nonesense when talking about select lists?

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

i guess OP just wants 4 regular text fields with 2 groups of 2 fields displayed side by side. I do not see any logic to apply (if fieldA=xyz" then fieldB="zyx", which would be the case for cascading selects)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2013

Yes, that's one of the things I think it might be, and I'd probably put it at the top of the list of things I think they might be aiming for. But I'm really not sure of the explanations, there's not enough information!

Suggest an answer