how to I find all issues in an agile board using JQL?

Ceava Potter January 14, 2015

I have multiple Scrum and Kanban boards, some based on projects and some on filters across multiple projects or   filtered by project components.

Is there a jql query to filter issues on an agile board? (something like: agile board = BoardID/BoardName)

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

As noted by others, Agile Boards are driven by saved filters. If you want to get all the issues on multiple boards in a single JQL query, use the filter in clause.

filter in ("15.1 - team 1", "15.1 Defects") will retrieve all the issues selected by both filters.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Nope. You have to go to the board to find the filter and view the filter. Good idea though.

0 votes

I am trying to create reports across multiple boards, which is why I need a filter, rather than just checking an individual board. 

Any suggestions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

Driving it from the boards is not really possible because it's a bit of a cack-handed approach - everything in Jira runs off "find me an issue", not reports. The closest you'll get without code is what Doug says - find all the filters you are interested in, and use "filter in" to combine them. That's better than building a new filter that includes all the filters the boards are using at the moment because it will still work if someone edits a board filter. However, a better approach would be to stop thinking in terms of boards, and think about what really unites all the issues you're interested in. A common one I've found is actually "category" - running a filter for "all issues in the financial development category" will include all the financial development issues, including the ones the developers are ignoring because they've got their board filter wrong!

Thanks, this is helpful. We use category already, but there are still cases where a backlog contains issues from many projects across different categories.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

That's kind of a recursive query.  A board is built on a query, so "jql to filter issues on a board" really resolves back to "run the filter the board is already using"

The filters on boards are all saved filters - you should simply be able to find (and hence run them) from the list of all filters available.  Or go to a board and drill down into the filter it is using.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question