how many workflows can be associated with a project at one time?

Claire Jamieson November 22, 2016

can you select which workflow each issue uses upon creation?

ie. 2 tasks on project with two different workflows?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2016

Hi Claire,

A project can have more than one workflow associated. 

You can set up your workflow scheme so that each issue type in your project uses a different workflow.

You can't really choose which workflow is used when creating an issue, other than by choosing which issue type to create.

So, using your 'tasks' example:

• If the 'tasks' use the same issue type (i.e. "Task") in the same project, they must use the same workflow.
  • if the 'tasks' use the same issue type (I.e. "Task") in different projects, you can associate different workflow schemes per project, so "Task" in project one has a different workflow from "Task" in project 2.
  • If you set up different issue types for your 'tasks' (i.e. "Marketing Task" vs "Technical Task"), you can set up the workflow scheme to use different workflows for each issue type within the same project.

I hope that helps.

In summary, a project can have a different workflow for each issue type in the project. If you have 10 issue types in your project, you can have 10 workflows.

Sam

Suggest an answer