how integrate issue and repository?

H.Kim January 6, 2016

I'm newbie in JIRA but use redmine before.

Our team is developing FORTRAN SW for engineering and is consider more effective issue tracking system, like JIRA.

The repository of code is svn and mercurial.

Before migration, I installed JIRA to our Windows 2008 server with Fisheye using 30-day trial license.

But it's hard to integrate issue and repository like redmine.

When creating issue, i don't know how to make connection(or link) to file or committed version in repository.

Any suggestions will be great helpful.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016

Hi @H.Kim,

I hope you have already created application link between JIRA and Fisheye.

also don't miss to enable smart commit in Fisheye repository.

while linking issue to a file or a committed version you need to use the issue key (eg :-TES-123) in your commit message while committing the file.

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2016
0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2016

Use:

1. the Commit Policy Plugin to enforce that your developers enter an issue key in the commit message (Mercurial guide and Subversion guide),
  2. plus the Subversion Plugin for SVN,
  3. and the DVCS Connector for Mercurial to display the commits for an issue.

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer