how i will include jira version issues in issue type field

AC July 24, 2016

i want to create custom field which can take the link to issues which are grouped under particular fix version in version pages without writing custom query  , mainly what i am trying to achieve is to create a issue type with field which can include scope of any specific release version .

11 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

All of the types of field that provide links are for links, they'll do what you expect them to - show links.

0 votes
AC July 25, 2016

there is option to create custom field which is of "Remote Object Link" and "URL field"

will URL field allow to click URL from page ?

What is Remote Object Link type , is it like default Linked issues type default fields which expect user to provide issues to be linked individually ? Or it is something else ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

That's what I meant by "link type field" - I was trying to say all of the types of field that provide links are, well, for links.

0 votes
AC July 25, 2016

No , I am not talking about link type field , i am asking about "URL" type custom field data 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2016

Yes, that's the point of the link type fields.

0 votes
AC July 25, 2016

If i try to use does URL custom type fields provide hyperlink to click that URL ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2016

Oh, Cloud, no, I don't think there's anything around that would help you here.  Best you could do is to find or write a Connect add-on, but I can't see one that comes close yet.

0 votes
AC July 25, 2016

Wondering which plugins are there on cloud JIRA , scripting no possible i assume on cloud . 

Link functionality I dont want to use here because that would mean user has to link multiple issues tagged with said version individually or by filter 

does URL custom type fields provide hyperlink to click that URL ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2016

There are add-ons which implement url fields, but you could also simply use the link functionality in JIRA too.

There are also add-ons which would allow you to script it.  Given your question and comment, I'd be thinking of writing a scripted field that displays a link to whatever you mean by "hyperlink of version" based on maybe the highest value stored in the fix version.

0 votes
AC July 24, 2016

Can i have any custom filed which can take hyperlink of version ? This would ensure that when we clik that link it would land up in version page which would show all issues tagged with it . 

I know we already have "fixVersion" default field which can show this but i need to name this something else , hence need custom field. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2016

I'm sorry, it's not clear to me what this field should be showing.  It sounds like it's a simple "version" type field, which is already available and lives on issues.  I'm not sure what the "fix version in version pages" is either.

Suggest an answer