how do you increase the search view limit from 1000 to any number ?

Vijayabhaskar Jella May 27, 2013

While trying to export records to xls , it's allowing up to 1000 records.

I checked in application properties, it's showing maximum search view limit is 1000. Can we able to change the limit???. Please help on this

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

We have a knowledge base article explaining how to change this limit. The article can be found here. Alternatively, you can choose to use time encapsulation to limit the amount of search results in your query, and run this several times with subsequent time windows. After exporting these results to individual spreadsheet, you can merge them into one file in excel (or any other program you might use).

Bare in mind, the documentation link is only valid for the download version of JIRA, if you are using JIRA OnDemand, then the alternative method is your only solution to this issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2013

Please bear in mind that this limit is there for a reason - large exports can consume a lot of resource and overload your Jira.

Vijayabhaskar Jella June 11, 2013

its helped a lot

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Hi,

Copy the link export excel,and replace tempMax=1000 with tempMax=your number

MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2013

This will only work if the jira.search.views.max.limit has been configured to a higher value than 1000 in the jira-config.properties as mentioned in the documentation link I have provided in my answer.

Suggest an answer