how do you bulk edit original estimate

Rudy Quiroga September 15, 2014

2 answers

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Hey Rudy,

Currently JIRA does not allow you to bulk edit time estimate fields. But there is a feature request you can vote for at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5034

Cheers

Bhushan

Mohamed Alaoui December 13, 2017

Unfortunately, Atlassian has decided not to go for this feature in the roadmap. I have however seen this done by using CSV File import.

Matt September 24, 2018

This seems like something extremely easy and something many, many of us need. It's a text field. Why can't it be bulk updated? Along with the Description, another plain text field that cannot be updated, though a Comment can? These two fields would be the most useful in a bulk action for many people and they're left out. Why?

Like # people like this
Oğuz Kağan Aslan September 18, 2019

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-5034 You can also vote for the cloud! :)

0 votes
Mohamed Alaoui September 25, 2018

Hi,

This can be done using the External System Import (CSV).......

Step 1: Query the issues you want to edit in Issue Navigator

Step 2: Export by CSV

Step 3: Edit Original Estimate

Step 4: Import issues (keep the same issue Key!)

Ove Holmberg November 7, 2018

How do i keep the same key? It is not supported in the fields available for importing to. Only Issue id is.

Mohamed Alaoui November 20, 2018

Sorry, I don't follow here. I have used the External System Import (CSV) option to update issues before by having the Issue-Key in the upload file. This does work. I am on JIRA Server Version 7.6.0

Jose Luis Casarrubias October 18, 2019

Hello,

Can you please confirm this solution works?

Can you please put more steps to reproduce it?

Regards,

jLuis

sai March 31, 2021

This works well but needs a bit of work. 
Make sure you have all of these fields
Issue key, Issue id, Original estimate, Project, Summary,Project Type,Project Key

Sai

Suggest an answer