how do i search for issues without Issue Links

David Bradbury May 5, 2015

3 answers

6 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

If you can use Script Runner add-on, you can run this JQL: 

issueFunction not in hasLinks()

This would return all issues without Linked Issues.

Antoine Ferron May 14, 2018

Hi Steven,

I'm just beginning using scriptrunner and your answer quite fit for my problems :)

Do you know how to filter some issue with no links to Yogi requirements in Confluence ?

The not in hasLinks filter all the links but the query with just the yogi requirements filter would be perfect !!

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best regards,

Antoine

Allan Schwarb August 10, 2019

Excellent. Thanks, Steven!

0 votes
Serhat Göktürk October 12, 2018

Hi David,

You can use the JQL below to find issues without links;

issueFunction not in hasLinkType('Link Type 1') and issueFunction not in hasLinkType('Link Type n')

You can get your types from "Issue Linking" page. You need to update your JQL when you change/add/delete your types.

Kind Regards.

Serhat Gokturk

Dan Checovetes January 22, 2019

This only works if Scriptrunner is installed.

edit:  I see Scriptrunner is indeed installed so this makes sense.

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2015

Hi David, 

You can use the solution described on jira query: issues with linked issues to find linked issues, and just run something like: !(query to filter issues that contains links)

I'm not sure if it works, it's just an idea.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Serhat Göktürk October 12, 2018

Hi Paula,

Unfortunately, there is no any argument to find those issues without links with your suggested way :) We can't find all issues with one single argument.

Suggest an answer