how do i globally remove notifications

DeWane Stone July 23, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating a notification scheme

I've cloned an instance of JIRA Software to test the latest updates. How can I globally remove notifications, so my users won't get emails from the secondary system?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2016

You don't - you'd have go through every scheme and update every single one, or change all the projects.

Two options

1. Bin the email entirely - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-prepare-a-development-server-s-mail-configuration-297669416.html to see how to shut it off completely
  2. Put a mail proxy server in the way to catch them all and keep them local.  You will need to do that if you want to retain any testing of email services.  If you don't have that need, then use 1 wink
0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2016

You turn them off in the notification scheme.

Suggest an answer