how do i delete a project

Stephen Hendricks September 15, 2014

how do I delete a project

5 answers

1 vote
Bill Pennock June 16, 2015

I know this is June 2015 now but NOTHING on this page referencing how to delete projects exists in the version of JIRA I am using.  help?

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2014

Remember, there is no getting it back. If it was a production project I suggest changing the permission scheme so no one can see it. Then if anyone has a question, and from experience someone will, you can access it by changing the permission scheme.

1 vote
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Hi Stephen,

It's possible to delete the project performing the following steps:

1. Choose  >Projects. You will see all your projects on the page. 
  2. Locate the project you want to delete. Click the Administer Project button.
  3. From the Actions button, click click Delete Project. The 'Delete Atlassian OnDemand project' page appears.
  4. Click the Delete button to delete the project.

There is also the documentation on the following link:

Kind Regards,
Henrique Lechner

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Hi Stephen, are you sure you are in OD version? What version of JIRA are you using.

In case is version 5 or before, go to administrator section and select the project tab.

In case you are on version 6 or after make sure you have the administration permission.

0 votes
Stephen Hendricks September 15, 2014

there is no project tab under

bluecog-icon[1].png

Suggest an answer