how do i confirm that i have access to all admin settings

Uri October 20, 2019

this is for jira cloud

i created my company's jira account but i don't seem to have all the permissions enabled. i am in product management and i have an external contractor acting as vp of engineering that has set up the account. all i did was create it and then give him admin access.

by creating the account, i thought that would give me all permissions by default but this appears to be not true. 

for example, we are using kanban boards, and when i go to the ••• menu, i don't have the board settings option.

please advice on how to ensure that i have all permissions turned on. 

thanking you in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2019

Hi @Uri ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community !.

If you have Jira Admin Permission you will be able to see Jira Setting Option in Side Bar and refer below screenshot

s1.png

If you have Project Administrator permission you will be able to see Project Settings Option in your project and refer below screenshot

s2.png

If you have Board admin Permission you will be able to see Board Setting Option and refer below screenshot.

s3.png

Thanks,

Avinash

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2019

Hi Uri, to verify that you are a Jira admin if you have the “Jira Settings” in side bar and can navigate there then you have the highest permissions for cloud. Regarding the board you mention it may be that the board isn’t configurable. Can you share a screenshot?

Suggest an answer