how do I upgrade from jira 6.4.6 to 6.4.13?

Alexis Baker May 15, 2017

Hi,

We need to migrate projects ( and related data ) in between versions of Jira. The easiest method is for us to upgrade our version, so that it is the same as the other version that we are importing from. In order to do this we need to upgrade from 6.4.6 to 6.4.13. then we can import the stories from the other jira version (6.4.13). During the upgrade process, can you define where to upgrade from / to?

Or ... would importing / exporting the XML backup in between these versions be feasible?

Thanks,

Alexis

1 answer

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2017

Hi Alexis,

do you know that page: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/upgrading-jira-720411839.html

I think you should find the answers there.

Alexis Baker May 15, 2017

Thanks Thomas, 

Sorry, just for clarification, before I bundle headforth and do it, during the installation phase it will give you the option about what version you want to upgrade to?

Thanks again,

Alexis

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2017

no, you have to download the appropriate new version and update your system to that version. Look at the upgrade guides. that is explained there in detail.

But don't forget, as always, to backup your database and file system before you upgrade your system. And always test the upgrade on a test system!  

Suggest an answer