how do I show story point field when viewing issue?

barbarat December 22, 2014

I have to manually go to >view an issue>  add field> select Story Point > then add the story point

Is there a way to have the Story Point field show up by default when viewing an issue even if there's no value assigned to it during creation? Examples that do that now are components and labels which are displayed on the page with "none" next to it.

I checked the issue type and screens and they all have Story Points in there already. It's just not showing by default when I view an issue.

2 answers

1 vote
Jose Raupp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

Hey Barbara,

Please note that Story Points is a custom field, and when a custom field has no value, it will not get displayed in the view issue screen. In the custom field settings of the story point field, you could configure a default value of 0 to cause the field to be visible at all times.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jose Raupp

0 votes
barbarat December 23, 2014

Thanks Jose. I tried that last night and it didn't show when I viewed the issue. Let me try again

Suggest an answer