how do I set up JIRA so when a ticket is resolved, the asignee does not see it in their queue anymore?

Silvina Emerson June 2, 2015

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Juan Peraza June 3, 2015

If your queues are based on Assignee, then perhaps you can add a post function to the Resolve transition of your workflow that sets Assignee to Unassigned.

Silvina Emerson June 3, 2015

Thank you so so much everyone for your help! For some reason, the person who was the JIRA Administrator previously, changed a filter so now, all the people in the team still see their tickets after they resolve them. Two months ago, whenever someone resolved a ticket, the ticket would automatically disappear from their queue. And that is what we are trying to go back to but the current Administrator does not seem to know how to do this. I hope this makes sense (smile). Thanks again!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2015

Depends on how you are generating their "queue".  

JIRA uses the "resolution" field as a show/hide flag in a lot of places, and you'll find things like gadgets have a tick-box for "show me unresolved issues only".  In places where you don't have that option, they are mostly driven by saved filters, so you need to add "resolution = unresolved" to those filters.

Silvina Emerson June 3, 2015

Thank you so so much everyone for your help!

For some reason, the person who was the JIRA Administrator previously, changed a filter so now, all the people in the team still see their tickets after they resolve them. Two months ago, whenever someone resolved a ticket, the ticket would automatically disappear from their queue. And that is what we are trying to go back to but the current Administrator does not seem to know how to do this. I hope this makes sense smile.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer