how do I remove an incorrect work log?

CassidyE October 21, 2015

I logged work against the wrong issue in JIRA, and need to understand how to remove it.

5 answers

10 votes
jesse_rosen March 7, 2019

I sent this work-around to my team:

1. Click your profile/settings icon (bottom left)
  2. Click “Personal Settings”
  3. Under “Jira Labs”, uncheck “New Jira Issue View”
    • If required, submit feedback (e.g., “Need to edit/delete work logs”)
  4. Navigate back to the issue
    • If the issue opens on a side bar, click the “[Issue #]” link at the top of the issue to open it in the full window
  5. Under “Activity”, click “Work Log”

You can now edit your work log (assuming you have the correct permissions to do so). You can revert the view back by following steps 1–3 (except check vs. uncheck the box).

Paweł Josiek March 7, 2019

Thank you Jesse — much appreciated! This work-around worked. Beside, I think I will stay with old issue view. It's more compact and easier to read for me. I will miss harvest tracker in sidebar though. 

Like Lance Bryant likes this
Mickey April 15, 2019

Steps 1,2 & 3 are actually not necessary. You can open an issue from the board and click the issue id in the upper left. And then click "See the old view" and then at the bottom you should see the Work Log subtab

Like # people like this
jesse_rosen April 15, 2019

Thanks Mickey. I noticed that too a few weeks after posting here. So there is a semi-permanent and a very temporary method :)

Like # people like this
4 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2015

If you have the right permission in your Project Permission (Edit Own Worklogs ), go to the issue, open the "Work Log" tab and find the "trash" icon and click it to delete it :0

Arnold Roa June 23, 2018

I've that permission to ANy logged in user, but there is no option to delete own worklogs.

Like # people like this
yourytamisier August 8, 2018

same problem here. I have all permissions but there is no trash icon

Like # people like this
Stefan Müller August 23, 2018

Same here! I'm JIRA and project admin...

Like # people like this
Marco Lawrenz December 3, 2018

Same problem here.

Like Deleted user likes this
The LeftBank January 14, 2019

Indeed

Like Deleted user likes this
jesse_rosen March 4, 2019

Bump

Paweł Josiek March 7, 2019

Same here. No visible option to edit / delete worklog

Daniel Cristian Crocco December 16, 2019

I only can see it if i click on "See the old view"

Jonathan Schmold January 14, 2020

I struggled with this a bit myself before realizing that beside the "activity" label is a button you can press that reveals the other "activity" views you can switch to, including Work Log.

Like # people like this
1 vote
Vito Caiata October 3, 2019

It seems that there's no workaround yet for next-gen projects?

Mickey October 3, 2019

If you click into the ticket - next to the Activity heading (at the bottom of the ticket) you can click "Comments" and flip it to "Work Log" and then you can delete or edit an entry

Like Mark Grenville likes this
Mark Grenville August 23, 2020

You're the best!

1 vote

I sent this workaround to my team:

You may notice in Jira that when you switch from “Comments” to “Work log” while viewing an issue, there is no option to edit previous work logs for that issue.

This could change at any given moment since we have no control over Jira’s updates, but as of right now if you need to edit/delete a work log:

1. Click “Personal Settings”
  1. Under “Jira Labs”, uncheck “New Jira Issue View”
  1. If required, submit feedback (e.g., “Need to edit/delete work logs”)
  1. Navigate back to the issue, either via the [link redacted] or by browsing issues, etc.
    1. If the issue opens on a side bar, click the “CHERWELL-#” link at the top of the issue to open it in the full window
  1. Under “Activity” on the issue’s page, click “Work Log”

You can now edit your work log. You can revert the view back by following steps 2–4 (except check vs. uncheck the box).

0 votes

I sent this work-around to my team:

2. Click “Personal Settings”
  3. Under “Jira Labs”, uncheck “New Jira Issue View”
    • If required, submit feedback (e.g., “Need to edit/delete work logs”)
  4. Navigate back to the issue, either via the [link redacted] or by browsing issues, etc.
    • If the issue opens on a side bar, click the “[Issue #]” link at the top of the issue to open it in the full window
  5. Under “Activity” on the issue’s page, click “Work Log”

You can now edit your work log. You can revert the view back by following steps 1–3 (except check vs. uncheck the box).

Suggest an answer