how do I remove Global transition in the destination step.

Rizwan Rizvi March 11, 2013

I set-up a global transition as CLOSE with Destination step as CLOSED.

It works well but also shows up as a transition when the issue is already transitioned to CLOSED status. I want the close transition to not be displayed when issue reaches CLOSED status.

Can anyone help me with this.

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

You can define a condition to check that status is not Closed, e.g by using Value Field Condition from the Jira Suite Utilities plugin or a scripted condition with the Script Runner plugin .

Henning

Thanks Henning. That worked. I never realised I didn't have that pugin for I was using some other conditions as part of that plugin. Installed and got the option for VALUE FIELD.

Set up as FIELD = Status != Value= Closed compared as String.

Works perfect.Though I still wonder why one needs Global transition to be also present at the destination step by default. A global transition should be present for all steps other than destination step.

Thanks again everyone.

0 votes
Israel Klein September 16, 2015

Any idea how to add 2nd validator for different status name? this is for the 'resolved' status, which has 'close' button. the reason i have created 2 transitions for the same status is to give post action for the 'abort' button.

Rizwan Rizvi September 16, 2015

You can add another condition and make them Grouped condition with AND. will look like below in Jira 6.4+ All of the following conditions The field Status will have to be not equal to value 'Closed'. Compared as String. The field Status will have to be not equal to value 'Closed'. Compared as String. The setting will be as below (repeat same for Resolve) [Go to Transition Condition and Choose 'value Field'] Field : Status Condition : != Value : Closed Comparison Type : String NOTE : In earlier JIRA, you will have to make them a grouped condition with AND

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

You mean it appears in a place where there is already a transition to Closed status? You won't be able to remove the global transition from there but you will have to remove the other transition.

If CLOSED is the destination status, the global transition won't appear from CLOSED status. It will appear everywhere else.

There is no other transition from Status=CLOSED. I even removed any transition comin into CLOSED.

Created a global transition called CLOSE with Destination Status = CLOSED. When viewed in TEXT, there is a transition shown as Close from Status= CLOSED - to Status=CLOSED.

I expected as you said that a Global transition should be present from every status to the destination status but not on the Destination status itself.

Any ideas?

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

Can you attach a screenshot?

Thanks Jobin but the issue already resolved from Henning's solution using Value Field condition.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

cool. Still a mystery though ;)

Yes. I had expected it to be present all steps except destination but tried a few times and the same result.

the description for Global transition does say 'a global transition is a transition from any step to 1. Destination step OR the current step (return to Step)'

Looks like its not OR but AND.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

IMHO the important part of this description is "from any step" and this includes the target step. The *OR* corresponds to the possible target steps.

For me, this is the more flexible way, because I can restrict starting steps easily through a condition. If it won't start from the target step, there would be no way to establish this if I want it.

Suggest an answer