how do I import projects into JIRA Portfolio (from JIRA) after the initial portfolio is created and the scope is defined?

steve tolson July 31, 2016

When I first create a plan in JIRA Portfolio I see that your're able to define the scope from JIRA. But, after the initial plan is create, I don't see how you are able to get new stories into JIRA Portfolio from the JIRA project it is mapped to? How is this done?

2 answers

1 vote
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2016

Hey @steve tolson, as mentioned by @Steven Behnke already, once a live plan is connected, there is no need to import at all anymore - new stories will show up automatically as you refresh the page or re-calculate the plan! 

If you need to add entirely new sources of data (e.g. additional projects, or filters), or you want to re-include issues you have explicitly excluded before, you can do that via the plan configuration > Issue Sources > Edit sources which takes you through a wizard similar to the initial plan creation. 

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2016

Are you referring to Portfolio Live plans?

If so, you don't need to import – The scope defines the issues that are allowed into the Plan.

Suggest an answer