• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • how do I import projects into JIRA Portfolio (from JIRA) after the initial portfolio is created and the scope is defined?

how do I import projects into JIRA Portfolio (from JIRA) after the initial portfolio is created and the scope is defined?

When I first create a plan in JIRA Portfolio I see that your're able to define the scope from JIRA. But, after the initial plan is create, I don't see how you are able to get new stories into JIRA Portfolio from the JIRA project it is mapped to? How is this done?

2 answers

1 vote

Hey @steve tolson, as mentioned by @Steven Behnke already, once a live plan is connected, there is no need to import at all anymore - new stories will show up automatically as you refresh the page or re-calculate the plan! 

If you need to add entirely new sources of data (e.g. additional projects, or filters), or you want to re-include issues you have explicitly excluded before, you can do that via the plan configuration > Issue Sources > Edit sources which takes you through a wizard similar to the initial plan creation. 

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jul 31, 2016

Are you referring to Portfolio Live plans?

If so, you don't need to import – The scope defines the issues that are allowed into the Plan.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

129 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you