how do I hide the dashboard selector on the left in JIRA 7?

Tibor Gulyás September 12, 2017

Hi!

If I have more than one favorite JIRA dashboards, the dashboard selector on left takes too much space, while I have dashboard menu too, and it's enough.

Is there any way to hide the selector column?

Regards,

Tibor

4 answers

2 votes
Jaya Deekonda November 26, 2018

Step 1 : Go to  'Manage Dashboards' -->Favorites

Step 2:  Click edit on each dashboard and remove/uncheck the favorite setting against it (bookmark the dashboard url as a backup before removing from favorites). 

Note: The dashboards you created will still be accessible from the 'My' section of 'Manage Dashboards'. The others you have hopefully bookmarked.

Step 3: Once the 'Favorites' are all deleted, go to the specific dashboard you want to view by going to 'Manage Dashboards' --> 'My' --> Click on Dashboard wishing to view.

Amol More January 4, 2022

works. thanks

Benjamin Slade July 1, 2022

But I use the favorite dashboard function.  Removing my favorite dashboards is an ugly workaround.

FYI, I find that when I go directly to my JIRA home page, it defaults to displaying my first favorite dashboard without the "favorite dashboards" column on the left.  But if I go to the Dashboards pulldown menu to display a dashboard, it does display the "favorite dashboards" column.   Disclaimer, I only have one dashboard created by me.  I'm not sure what would happen if I had multiple.

Like anil vemula likes this
1 vote
Justin Sitz August 2, 2023

This is a total hack, but will work in a pinch. Note that a page refresh will revert it back to where it is shown again.

• Right click anywhere in the left side panel showing the dashboard favorite list
  • Choose to view the HTML. For Google Chrome, it's "Inspect"
  • Scroll up in the element list to find the panel. It might say something like <div class="dashboard-tabs tabs vertical">.  Select it.
  • Delete

As stated above, this isn't a permanent hide for the panel, but it can be useful in times such as a presentation where you just need to temporarily hide it.

Edit: Just realized this method was already mentioned. Leaving in place in case the extra details are found helpful.

Brian Jackson August 8, 2023

hi Justin, great solution, thank you.

Like # people like this
Brian Jackson August 8, 2023

Atlassian should work on a solution to toggle the favorites pane on and off.

1 vote
Martin Reuter July 13, 2021

I find this feature bug really annoying, too. The workarounds above do not work for me. Wallpapers have strange color schemes and remove epic colors etc. 
May be this workaround for the display of a dashboard is an option for you, too. I use it only to display the information to other (obviously). What I do is right click the favorite sidebar, click on "inspect" and press delete. At least for the moment that dashboard is free of it...

0 votes
Joris Hehenkamp September 11, 2018

drag the dashboard menu to the left, over the other one and/ or press the border of it on the right (line becomes blue)

Truman Chau August 19, 2020

huh?

Benjamin Slade July 1, 2022

huh?

Suggest an answer