how do I create the same task in three different projects?

Damiano Colombo March 5, 2015

Let's say that we are developing the same app for three different platforms, thus we have three different projects in JIRA. Sometimes we want to create the same task into the three different projects. Do we have to manually create the task three times? Or do I need to create the task in one project then cone il and finally move it into the proper project? Can I build a sort of MACRO that makes the work for me? How?

Furthermore, is there a way to track when all of the 3 tasks have been accomplished?

Thank you all.

Damiano

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2015

Yes, I'm afraid you do need three tasks, one in each project.

You can do them all manually, or use clone and then move the two cloned ones (it's worth the clone route if you have a lot of data to enter, and it's also worth noting that it will create links back to the original automatically)

I'm also afraid the only way to do the rest of your question is "coding".  I'd use the script-runner to create something that at least does the clones for you, and ideally the moves.  And another script to do "if issue closed, go check linked issues to see if they are closed as well"

Suggest an answer