how do I close a bug and get it off my board

Stacey Sundarrajan January 21, 2016

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

For Kanban, move it to "done", then do a "release" to clear the "done" column.

For Scrum, move it to "done", and it will vanish when the sprint ends.

Those are the correct ways to do it, but I suspect you have other reasons to want to do this.  Could you explain why you want to do this, and why your process does not accommodate it?

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

Personally, when using a Kanban board, I typically exclude the Done status from the filter, but I keep it mapped to a Done column anyway.

I don't like having to release issues, since my Kanban boards usually contain issues from more than one projects, and the released version I'd have to use is not necessarily good for each project. I just add AND status NOT IN (Done, Closed) in my board filter. When you drop the task in Done, it just goes off the board immediately.

We're not actually working with Kanban methods, just using Kanban boards to display tasks for various support teams, so it's not a problem to avoid releases in these applications.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

It entirely depends on what your "Board Configuration" is. Showing/Hiding a Bug on a JIRA Board depends on many things and I am very confused when you say "close a bug then get if off my board". It's not very intuitive, but it's possible.

First, configure your board, then check the "Columns" configuration. You will see here on what statuses are mapped to all your board's columns. You just have to "unmapped" the Close status (or whatever status you define as close) and remove it from any column. This way, whenever an issue is put to "Close" status, it will not show up in any columns on the board.

Suggest an answer