how do I add/delete fields in issue details

Jessy Li September 1, 2014

Hello, Please advise how to add fields/delete fields into issue details.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2014
Jessy Li September 1, 2014

Hello, Nic,

May I ask which part in the page you post can help me to add fields and /delete in the Details as following shows:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 1, 2014

Well, it's a good idea to read the whole doc, but you need "configuring a screen's fields and tabs" mostly. And probably the link below it to "associating a screen"

Ssu chieh Li September 2, 2014

Nic, I have the same problem with understanding how it works. Can you walk it through? It's not really clear that how tab and fields in screen associate with the fileds in the Details session of a issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 2, 2014

The details section is system defined, they are not affected by screen definitions for view. Jira just moves the system stuff in there automatically.

Suggest an answer