how do I add a mail server in jira on demand?

Michael Rosin November 4, 2014

I would like to add a mail server for incoming mail for each project - project1@ondemand.atlassian.net.

What do I have to use as host name? What is the password?

Currently I only have jira@ondemand.atlassian.net - that way I have to address jira@ and additionally project1@ to be able to create project specific issues and comments per e-mail.

4 answers

0 votes
Kevin Smith December 16, 2015

I am also having this issue.  Is there a way to solve this problem?

0 votes
Chaitan S October 9, 2015

Was this ever resolved? I have run into similar issues and have hit a deadend. Google search didn't help either.

0 votes
Michael Rosin November 9, 2014

Hi Monique,

I was looking for additional POP servers (one for each project as it is mentioned here) for incoming mail and not SMTP server for outgoing mail.

I would like to solely use project1@ondemand.atlassian.net to create issues, currently I have to add the default address jira@ondemand.atlassian.net to be able to process issue creating e-mails.

Michael

0 votes
Anna Cardino
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Hi Michael,

You can't set up your own SMTP server in OnDemand, but there's no need for it as JIRA in OnDemand comes set up with an SMTP server already. See here for how to associate a notification scheme to a project.

Monique

Michael Rosin November 11, 2014

Hi Monique, I was looking for additional POP servers (one for each project as it is mentioned here) for incoming mail and not SMTP server for outgoing mail. I would like to solely use project1@ondemand.atlassian.net to create issues, currently I have to add the default address jira@ondemand.atlassian.net to be able to process issue creating e-mails. Michael

Suggest an answer