how consolidate time for all issues following all projects in using kanban or scrum view

Jerome Martin January 3, 2013

Hi

My question is about Jira. We use jira with greenhopper. In greenhopper we use kanban view. With this view, we have a global view for all the issues, for all projects. We have planning meeting regularly (all 10 days) to estimate issue in "to do" status. I know with kanban there isn't release but i would like a way to consolidate the time for all the issues. Ok i have to explain... In our planning meeting, we make a review of backlog (issue with "to do" status). During this review, we do two things. First we verify the issue, the need, we verify our understanding of issue and we estimate the time required. Second we decide who will do the issue. This work is done for the next two weeks. It's a kind of release or sprint. Is there a way to add all the time estimated on each issue. The goal is to obtain a total time and check if it is possible to do the job in the next two weeks. I know it's possible with scrum view, but this view is for only one project.

have you an idea without develop my own plugin or something like this. Maybe, you know a special plugin to do that ?

thanks by advance.

jérôme

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

You should really create a Scrum board and use it. You are not doing Kanban if you are doing these iterations. The Sprint burndowns are exactly meant to address this.

Jerome Martin January 3, 2013

You are not doing Kanban if you are doing these iterations. The Sprint burndowns are exactly meant to address this.

we use our own hybrid system and in a scrumban system iteration are possible. But in fact i'm reading something in my sources of scrumban and maybe we can manage this by another way ... thank you anyway

Suggest an answer