how can we copy the system field like summary in subtasks automatically?

Mercer Confluence Admin August 8, 2013

I want to copy the summary field into the subtask automatically. Whenever i create a subtask for my issue, it should take summary field automatically from the parent issue.

Is that possible? I am using JIRA 5.2.10 version curently.

Thank you!!

2 answers

0 votes

I have installed Exocet-Lite plug-in but still summary field is not auto populating in sub-task.

Done mapping from parent to child as Summary.

Please assist.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

There are several ways I guess, in my case I use Exocet-Lite plugin in order to achieve this. But there are other plugins around which can do this as well.

I have installed Exocet-Lite plug-in but still summary field is not auto populating in sub-task.

Done mapping from parent to child as Summary.

Please assist.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

sorry, was ofline for a couple of hours.

You would need to use your own Operations.xml (not the default one).

in my case the operation looks like this.

<operation key="1" label="Create Testexecution" title="Testexecution from Testcase" duplicateAttachments="false" >
<!-- parent Issue type Testcase-->
<criteria key="ID_TYPE" value="22" />
<!-- JIRA project CRWTES-->
<!--criteria key="ID_PROJECT" value="10701" /-->
<!-- JIRA Status TC - In progress 10031-->
<criteria key="ID_STATUS" value="10031" />
<!-- issue child -->
<!-- id type 21 : Testexecution -->
<targetIssue projectId="-1" issueTypeId="21" isSubtask="true"/>
<!-- custom link 10100 jira_subtask_link-->
<link type="10100" direction ="inward"/>
<watcher/>
<parentFieldToUpdate/>
</operation>

You need to replace according to the documentation the used ids.

Then you map the fields. Now when you use the corresponding action under More the created Sub-task should have the same summary as the parent.

Mercer Confluence Admin August 11, 2013

I'm using copy to subtask plug-in for mapping the parent issue fields with that of sub-task but it is not working on system fields like summary. Do you have any idea about that?

Thank you!!

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2013

No, I never used that plugin.

Suggest an answer