how can i trigger an event when i change one issue from one issuetype to other differente issuetype?

Percy Ashtu June 22, 2017

Hi

When i move an issue from one issuetype of one project to other different issuetype of other project, i need jira sends email about the change to users of the original issue.

how can i do that? i tried with the event move issue but it doesn't work

thx

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

Hmm.  I get an "issue moved" event when I do it.  Are you using the "move" option or just editing the issue type in an edit screen?

Percy Ashtu June 23, 2017

I use move option to change one issue from Y issuetype to Z issuetype. but it doesnt send the event that i use when i change issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2017

How do you know the event is not being fired?  Have you checked the notification scheme?

Percy Ashtu June 25, 2017

i checked the mail queue when i moved the issue but it never showed me the mail of change. i'm using the event issue move (system) and i setted that it sends email to select user customfield that i indicate when i create the issue that i want to move

0 votes
Shantanu bhosale June 22, 2017

Hi Percy,

Jira sends mail notification's when outgoing mail is configured.

JIRA ADMINISTRATION> System> Mail> Outgoing Mail

Did you configure outgoing mail in jira..?

If configured but still not sending the mail check Mail Queue.

You can flush the mail queue to send out pending messages immediately to your mail server.

Notifications Troubleshooting

Percy Ashtu June 23, 2017

it doesnt send mail whe use the move option . i checked the mail queue. i think that move event doesnt work

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2017

It's firing the event in my systems.

Does your notification scheme have anyone set up to get notified on move?

Suggest an answer