how can i send the transition of a workflow as a button in an email?

KartikA March 29, 2016

Hi there,

I am using JEMH and I want to send the transition ("approved" and "rejected") in an email . In response once he approves or rejects it through email there should be a change in the status of the workflow.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2016

If I understand your requirements clearly, you wanted an email that contains 2 options (your approve and rejected transition) that a user just needs to click (so the buttons here will need to POST to the JIRA REST API for updating an issue together with the user's JIRA account with password and project ID).

Based on this, you will need to do some coding and customized emails and it's not available natively in JEMH. I believe you can only do 1 transition at a time

Reference: https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMHC/Issue+workflow+transition+by+email

KartikA March 30, 2016

Thanks for your response. Does the reference link you sent work other way around. When the user sends @workflow=approved. Will this change the status in the workflow?

Thanks

KartikA March 30, 2016

The Reference has helped me in sending the Email to the user and change the status. Thanks a lot. Can you please explain me how to use the JIRA REST API's on using the buttons for a particular email so that once the user clicks approve or reject button the issue is updated

Thanks in advance

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2016

Read on how to update an issue via the JIRA REST API here

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

Suggest an answer