how can i send notifications to reporter?

Fernando Acuña September 27, 2016

I'm fairly new on Jira and for some reason i can't send notifications other than the create issue to Reporter. I'm using two different users (one as reporter and the other as agent), and in the notification scheme the Reporter has access to receive update notifications. I tried setting it as a watcher and didn't work. It doesn't put any email in the queue, but the notification helper says it's receiving the mails.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2016

Emails are managed in the notification scheme. Every transition fires an event in the post functions. You flag the events you want the role/group notified on in the notification scheme. You can also create custom events and use those in the post functions. There is a Generic Event that is automatically added when you create new transitions. I suggest you inspect all the transitions in your workflow to see what events are firing first so you can understand when what event fires. Then build your notification scheme accordingly and modify the events firing if needed.

Fernando Acuña September 27, 2016

I checked the post functions and everything seems normal, i tried changing  the function in one of the transitions (and changing that function in the notification scheme) and still is not sending the email. Before you ask, yes I published the changes so i don't know what else can be.

Suggest an answer