how can i create a new custom field for bug which will be from a tree type

tzuravn November 18, 2015

hi

i would like to add a new custom field which will be represented as a tree, for example:

server–>

report -->

report 1

report 2

ServerFeature1

Client–>

login mechanism

etc

any idea guys?

2 answers

1 vote
Roadmunk November 23, 2015

Hi Tzur

You can use Multi-Level Cascading Select  plugin
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

No, they can't - it's not for Cloud

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user June 23, 2020

ciao @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- today we are in 2020, on Jira cloud, that you know, now it is possible to have a custom field that chose a value, it allows you to associate other values on other custom fields ? for example I want to choose a company on custom field A and to have on custom fields B, C and D the values postal address, phone and city corresponding to that company ? in Jira Service Desk Cloud ... 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2020

No, there's no way to do that on Cloud.

Like Deleted user likes this
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2015

That looks like a three-level cascading select list to me.  Is that right?

If so, then you can't do this on Cloud, JIRA only has a 2-level field off-the-shelf, and options to try to link normally independent fields together aren't available either.

If I'm not right, then could you explain the field definition more?

Vidula Kulkarni November 18, 2015

Hi Nic, when you say 'options to link normally independent fields are not available', do you mean I cant create a custom field type which has a select list and a textfield together? I need to create filed to add estimates and a list of categories. eg: ANL 4 hours etc I need the fields to be placed horizontally i.e select list of categories and the estimate field next to it. Can I achieve this by creating my own plugin? Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2015

That is what I said, yes. You can create a custom field *type* if you are prepared to write an add-on, but you'll have to move off Cloud to use it.

Tzur avner November 18, 2015

so i can create a 2 level field filter? if so how ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2015

2 levels is built in. Admin -> Custom field -> Add -> Cascading select

Suggest an answer