how can i create a list of issues at the point of release so that this list stays static

Ryan O Sullivan October 1, 2014

how can i create a list of issues at the point of release so  that this list stays static and can be reviewed at a later date. 

• Execute a search for the open bugs in JIRA for the Product being released
  • Export the search results into an excel document and open the document
  • Copy the bugs numbers from the Key column
  • Create an Advance Search in JIRA using the syntax issuekey in () and paste the bug numbers from the excel document into the search syntax, formatting the syntax correctly
  • Execute the search using the above syntax and then select Save As
  • Enter the Filter Name using the following naming format:

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jari Kokkonen October 23, 2014

Hi,

Maybe the JIRA Report Blueprint is the thing you are looking for?

BR,

Jari

Ryan O Sullivan October 23, 2014

sounds promising as well. I need to upgrade JIRA from 6.0 to try this out. Thats happening soon

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2014

Hi,

If I understand correctly, you want to have a list of issues based on their status (and possible a fixVersion or some other criteria) at a certain date, and then want to have a look at the same issues later in time, regardless of the fact that the status of these issues may have changed in the mean time.

In that case, you can use the following:

status WAS Open on "YYYY/MM/DD"

Fill in the product release date and add any other criteria such as the fixVersion.

Regards,

Geert

He Geert

You understand the requirement perfectly. it is likely however that these issues may be at various statuses (investigation , development etc) let me try it out.

Ryan

query might be more like project = "project" AND issuetype in (Bug) AND status != Closed AND (fixVersion not in ("version 1.0")

Suggest an answer