how can i browse the JIRA log to see changes made to a Status

Suzanne Cho March 13, 2015

how can i browse the JIRA log to see changes made to a Status?  We originally had a status called "“Ready for Deployment,” but it was recently edited to “Rdy for Deploy” in JIRA.  I would like to know when the change was made and by whom.  Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2015

Jobin has already covered the best answer (although I'd add that you need to remember to have the audit log switched on to capture the changes too)

There is one more possibility - if you're running it behind a web server like Apache, there's a good chance that that has logged access to the relevant admin screens, so you may be able to find something in there.

0 votes

Unfortunately, we are on 6.1

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

Tough luck! If you have user access logging enabled, you can scan the logs and check who recently edited statuses. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/User+access+logging

Ahhh... tough luck indeed... Will look into on Monday as it's quittin' time on a Friday... Thanks! :O)

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2015

If you are on JIRA 6.2+, you can check under audit logs.

Suggest an answer