how can i automatically generate issues in a jira project whenever an request is recorded by a client in a service desk project?

Service Desk November 12, 2015

JIRA and JIRA service desk (cloud)

how can i automatically generate issues in a jira project whenever an request is recorded by a client in a service desk project?

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

Your Service Desk Project will have the issue created and available to anyone with the appropriate permissions to action upon creation. 

However if what you mean is you wish to clone a request to another JIRA project upon issue creation you should consider why you want to break the relationship between the issue raised in JSD and the second project issue. 

Where there is a suitable business reason you also want to be wary of doing this automatically as any duplicate issues/spam items etc will also be copied. I would suggest that at least a level of triage should be in place before automatically creating new issues in another project. It may be that you want to record incidents in JSD and problem resolution in another project in which case a more suitable option may just be to link the two tickets together with an appropriate description of the link. Then when a new incident occurs that is not linked to an existing problem ticket you would copy. (Very simplified concepts taken here from ITIL.

If you are using a single Service Desk for all clients then it maybe that what you are trying to achieve could be better solved by having different Service Desks for each client?

I hope this helps.

Phill

Suggest an answer