how can i assign a screen to a Sub-Task when I pass it to a Done State

Victor Garcia Garcia January 23, 2020

Hi,

I want to make appear a screen for register time worked when I move a sub-task to Done State. How can I do?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

If you use classic jira projects and not next gen this is how to do it:

Go to jira settings > issues > screens  and create a new screen and add the fields you want. (name it Resolution Transition Screen for example).

Then go to settings > issues > workflows and edit the workflow used by your project. click on the done tranisition, then click on edit and there you can select the screen

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

Small correction, @Alexander Schmidt .

For @Victor Garcia Garcia use case, we need to add Log Work field to the screen.

Like Victor Garcia Garcia likes this
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Thanks Veera!

I didn't read the question correctly.

Like # people like this
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2020

That's alright, @Alexander Schmidt  :)

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Veera, But the answer is still accurate I think. Is this not working for you?

Victor Garcia Garcia January 24, 2020

Many thanks for your answer @Alexander Schmidt @Veera @Jack Brickey , it's a pleasure to have this kind of help. I have tried to resolve this issue and now I think I understand how it w

Unfortunatly, the configuration of my application than I had "inherited" (and of course, my sort experience in Jira managgement) it's so complicated that I think i need to change more screens, schemas, etc., to achieve than I want/need.

Many thank again

Like # people like this
Alexander Schmidt
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2020

With the next gen projects of atlassian the configuration should become a lot easier. While admins loose some of the control they used to have I think ultimately it will help Jira become adopted by many different teams.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer