how can a simple user (he isn't administrator) create massive issues in jira ?? thx

gonzalo zegarra July 17, 2015

4 answers

1 vote
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

Talk to the user. Probably the only way to know for certain. But I'm guessing JIRA CLI.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2015

i have a client who wants to create 100 issues and he isnt administrator and i can't give him an administrator profile.

Based on that information, then I can answer your question.

JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) allows anyone (like a non-administrator) that has create issue permission to create issues quickly using a command line. createIssue is the general action. 

If you have or want to use CSV, then they can also use runFromCsv.

If this is an ongoing need and you have Confluence, your can provide a self service import page - How to allow users to import JIRA issues from Excel or CSV.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2015

Import from CSV, or using a script against the REST interface, and some addons allow this sort of thing.

gonzalo zegarra July 18, 2015

but you need the administrator to import from csv. i have a client who wants to create 100 issues and he isnt administrator and i can't give him an administrator profile.

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2015

Hi Gonzalo,

It could be some kind of scripting that the user wrote, that goes through a loop so it keeps creating several issues in JIRA. That's definitely not the pattern of JIRA.

Cheers,
WZ

Suggest an answer