how can I update issue/testStep statuses with calling REST

SergeZ September 16, 2013

Hello, everyone!

I'm desperate for answer on the question from the title! I've spend a lot of hours in SaopUI analyzing REST methods available to call from outside in order to get or to update some info.

I have Zephyr plugin for JIRA installed and I would like to know what exactly to call in order to get

issue and/or testStep statatuses updated, lets say, from _UNEXECUTED_ to _PASS_.

I've discovered a great bunch of internet resources, but still have no Idea, either such feature available or not.

The only thing I need - is to be able to pass something to some URL and update testStep and issue statuses according to my own thought.

I understand that current REST API is no any point of consern form lots of people, but also, I do hope that I am not the only one looking for answer such a question, and also hope that someone did manage that!

P.S.: I can't wait untill new version arrive, I really must use current release and provide such an integration

Thank you very much!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2013

Sergey,

Zephyr here. Zephyr for JIRA 1.7 doesn't offer supported APIs as a part of the product. I've mentioned this to you in response to very similar questions you posted elsewhere.

We are unable to help you right now, just like we said in the other responses. Please take a step back and accept this answer instead of repeatedly asking it. No matter how many times you ask the Zephyr answer will not change while Zephyr for JIRA 1.7 is our most recent release.

Additional Note: We never give out our developers email addresses. I would lose my job if I posted it here.

Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 is coming out very soon. Watch for this release and read up on it's new features for your answer.

Kind Regards,

Chris

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to update you all regarding API's in Zephyr for JIRA. In a week or two we will officially release Zephyr for JIRA 2.0. Zephyr for JIRA 2.0 will include Add-on ZAPI 1.0. Just a few facts about ZAPI 1.0...

• ZAPI is a Zephyr for JIRA Add-on that allows access to Zephyr’s testing data including the ability to view and upload data programmatically.
  • ZAPI allows access to Zephyr for JIRA to read-write testing related data via REST APIs. This can be used to query test cycles, fetch tests and test cycles, update test results, create new tests, etc.
  • Integration to automation and continuous integration tools are now possible with well-documented and supported REST APIs.

If you are interested to read more about this please check out the link below. It will take you to our official announcement on our blog:

http://blogs.yourzephyr.com/?p=2859

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
SergeZ September 17, 2013

Is there any plugin's developer email address ? I really need to have a clear understanding on provided API - what REST methods to call and what to pass into them.

I believe that somebody or even a bunch of people developed REST api ( it definetely created by people ) and know how to use it.

Someone in Zephyr must know how to use Zephyr plugin for JIRA from programmers point on view ( call REST )

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2013

hi Sergey Zaytsev,

I don't know much about rest api and methods but the following document might help

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/6.0.4/#idp2067664

in that post method, he tried to update the transition to some id which might change the status.

This rest call can be done using javascript as web resource. For that refer some example posted by prasad

SergeZ September 17, 2013

Thanks but this describes how to update _standart_ jira task. What I need is to update Zephyr's status, I mean set new value to TestExecution.

Do you have any thought on that ?

Suggest an answer