how can I stop being spammed with unnecessary Jiras?

Sally Vandershaf October 22, 2019

Jira emails me with projects that I am not working on, am not watching, and I have even disabled the notification function for projects I AM watching, yet my inbox is still filling up with irrelevant projects, making it hard for me to find the ones I do need to track. I went to View Personal Settings and unchecked Watching and When Someone Mentions You, but I am still getting unneccesary Jiras that I am not Watching and where I am not being mentioned. I checked Jira and it seems to be automatically setting me to watch every Jira being created by anyone in my company, yet when I go to the individual Jiras I am supposedly watching to try to Unwatch it, the option is not there. Jira thinks I'm not watching them in one place, but does think that in another. How can I stop Jira from spamming me?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ramarao Gaggara {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Hi @Sally Vandershaf ,

Please check with your Jira administrator about the notification scheme/s that they configured for different Jira projects. Administrator should configure individual notification scheme instead of using the same notification scheme(shared) across multiple projects.

So the root cause for receiving email notifications for irrelevant projects is the shared notification scheme and the configured users/user groups/roles in which you are part of.

Hope this information helps you to sort out the issue of being spammed.

Thanks,

RamaRao

Suggest an answer