how can I re-open a closed ticket in Jira 4.4.1 ?

Fabrice Bovy March 25, 2015

I need to re-open a closed ticket.

The last step of the workflow is "Close" and I don't have output transition from that last step...

I tried to add a new transition to be able to re-open a closed ticket however, as my workflow is active, even if a create a draft, I m not able to add output transition...

Can someone help ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2015

If it won't let you add the transition to a draft you need to make a copy, modify the copy and then replace the old workflow with the new one. Don't forget to clear the resolution field when reopening it or it will still show resolved.

Fabrice Bovy March 25, 2015

Thanks. I did it however I don't know how to replace the old one by the new copied one ?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2015

It is done in the project definition.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

(Sorry I had to delete a previous comment I made on this)

Suggest an answer