• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • how can I query a custom field (Bugzilla CR) under a Story, same as we have Swimlanes = Stories so I'll get under the Story both its Sub-tasks and the Bugzilla CR (Custom field)?

how can I query a custom field (Bugzilla CR) under a Story, same as we have Swimlanes = Stories so I'll get under the Story both its Sub-tasks and the Bugzilla CR (Custom field)?

Ronit Binshtok March 4, 2017

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2017

I am sorry, I don't understand the question.

You have a custom field (CR) on the issues, I see that.  You want to do something with that field in swimlanes.  But I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.  You need to see the CR on the issues on the board?  You are trying to do swimlanes by CR instead of Story?  Could you explain what you expect to see?

Ronit Binshtok March 4, 2017

I am trying to

1. figure out what is the query that is used today under swimlanes = stories?
  2. then would like to update that query to include not only the sub tasks grouped under the story but in addition a custom field (Bugzilla CR) that will be grouped along with the sub tasks under the stories

Hope this is clearer

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2017

When you set "swimlane = story", there isn't really a query behind it.  It takes each story with more than 0 sub-tasks and uses that as the header.

You can't change that either - it's code, not a query.

You can't do the grouping you describe either.  A lane has a single layer of grouping, not two, so "group by X under Y" is not possible. 

The closest you will get is a set of swimlanes, such that:

• issue = abc-123 and CR = 456
  • issue = abc-123 and CR = 789
  • issue = abc-412 and CR = 456
  • issue = abc-412 and CR = 789
  • and so on.

Ronit Binshtok March 5, 2017

Thanks, as you said it is not answering my needs.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2017

I think you need to think of a different way to arrange your data.

Suggest an answer