how can I make JIRA search and display similar issues when create new issue?

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

when I create an issue and enter some text (e.g. upgrade) in summary field within Atlassian support, some issues related to "upgrade" then display on the screen.

How can I make this happen in our JIRA? Our jira (5.1.8) does not search and display any related issues when users enter text in Summary field. This function can remind users that similar issues existed and also the solution may be there too. Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013
0 votes
hrzadnn October 22, 2014

Hi, maybe you guys still need the solution for your problem.. Here is what I found:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deniz.jira.similarissues

• customizable
  • for 100 Users just $30! Amazing!

FYI: I dont work for them, I just think that those plugin is awesome and of course very helpful

Cheers,

Hariz

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014
You can also use this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deniz.jira.similarissues It is a new and customizable. In addition to suggesting similar issues in issue create dialog it also adds a similar issues tab that makes detection of duplicates easier.
0 votes
David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2013

Hi Sherry,

That is actually from a custom script that is added to the Summary field's description. We call this script "Virgil", which can be found/downloaded from here:

You can also get more information about how we use JIRA for support here:

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

thanks, David.

Do I just copy the xml script and paste to the Summary field's description?

Thanks for your help.

David Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2013

Just ran a quick test, it seems that this may no longer work with the latest versions of JIRA. So this article is indeed outdated. In this case, it may be easier to follow @Renjith's suggestion with the plugin.

Suggest an answer