how can I collect original estimate when opening up a ticket into the closed state

Tor Biggar March 26, 2014

I am opening up a ticket directly into closed. The ticket is specifically designed to collect estimates and nothing more. When putting the time tracking field on the screen I don't get prompted for original estimate because the ticket is technically 'closed'

4 answers

0 votes
Sumit Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

You will have to use atleast one transition in workflow to fill these fields in a screen.

else you can create a ticket in close. Modify worflow property to allow you log work on issues even if issue is closed and then add log work to the ticket using more option in a ticket.

Please let me know if any further clarification is required.

thanks and Regards,

Sumit

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Also, I would check the following:

1. Permission scheme for "work on issues" specifically
  2. Legacy mode option as stated in this page
  3. Check the configuring sub-task fields in parents in this page
0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2014

Tor,

Use a different browser if you are using Chrome. I do not see your screenshots, but it happened to me before as well with Chrome.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2014

Hi Tor,

You need to:

1. Update your Edit screen for the project and screen scheme by adding "log Work" to the screen
  2. Also check the field configuration and make sure work log related fields are not hidden.
  3. Once all done, you should be able to edit the closed ticket and add the Time Tracking option which should enable the Original Estimate field. See the screenshot.

One other thing you can do also is to add a transition (button) to your CLosed step in the workflow and call it "update original" estimate, create a screen to log work and enable that screen to that transition (button) at CLosed step which would let you update info using a button.

Hope that helps,

Mehmet

Upon closer investigation it may have something to do with the fact that these are subtasks

Top screenshot: Here is what the open screen looks like on a subtask (notice no 'original estimate')

Bottom screenshot: and here is what the time tracking field looks like when I create a parent ticket

Is there a way to have 'original estimate' show on a subtask?

This is used for creating impacts for a change. We need to have estimates to aid in the decision to push the change forward

Upon closer investigation it may have something to do with the fact that these are subtasks

Here is what the open screen looks like on a subtask (notice no 'original estimate')

Tor Biggar March 27, 2014

and here is what the time tracking field looks like when I create a parent ticket

This is used for creating impacts for a change. We need to have estimates to aid in the decision to push the change forward

Tor Biggar March 27, 2014

Top screenshot: Here is what the open screen looks like on a subtask (notice no 'original estimate')

Bottom screenshot: and here is what the time tracking field looks like when I create a parent ticket

Suggest an answer