how add field in issue with constraints

K.secher September 15, 2017

I want to add field in issue and i want to hide this for many user and creation issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2017

You can't - a field is either valid for an issue or not.

You can remove fields from screens though, so it might not be visible after creation, or doesn't appear on create, only edits or transitions later.

K.secher September 17, 2017

How can render visible only edits or transitions ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

Place the field on the right screens.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-fields-and-screens-720412098.html is a good guide, and still holds true for Jira 7

K.secher September 19, 2017

I followed this link  :  https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/associating-a-screen-with-an-issue-operation-802592588.html

I added a view issue operation and i  associate with a screen wich contains my custom field but it did not have any effect.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2017

Ok, does the field have any data in it?  Jira hides fields from view if they are empty, to reduce screen clutter.

My fied was empty. I set a default value but it is still hidden.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2017

Setting a default does not change the value in the field.  You need to edit the issue and put something into the field.

It works!! Thank you. Now I would like to hide the field for a user  but apparently this is impossible

Suggest an answer