holding/pending area for tasks?

markh July 23, 2012

Hi,

If there a way of setting up a holding/pending area for tasks which can stay located there, unassigned and assigned at a later date.

I have Projects where I know I'll need to assign a task to a member of a department but not who.

So if I had a place where I can hold onto the tasks until I know where I'm assigning the task to that would be great.

Or

Is it a case where I will need to create another user to accommodate my needs?

Thanks

Mark

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mirko July 23, 2012

You can create some virtual user who are placeholder for example virtual.development. assign all tickets to him and when you know to which developer you like to assignee the Issue search for the tickets who are assigned to your virtual user.

It's the easiest way in my opinion. I have worked with this "buckets" many times in serveral companys. Its also a good workaround for selfassigneeing departments. With an sort of ranking (perhabs greenhopper ranking field) you have get an backlog list per department and the employees will take only one Issue per time and alsways from the top of the backlog. And you as projectmanager or head of departmend can concentrate on other things ;).

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

You have the option not to assign anybody to a task. (allow unassigned issues).

Then, you can modify the WF to accomodate your needs, i.e. create a staging area for tasks.

Suggest an answer