hide the custom field in view screen based on transition action

vijayakanth January 18, 2015

I have come across all the JIRA related questions from the forum, but i am looking for answer for hide the custom field in the Details of the view screen based on the transition action completed.
For example:
customField_1 - will be created in the created issue screen and will be displayed in Details of the view screen.
customField_2 - will be created next transition screen of the workflow. Now, as soon as this customField_2 is created in the transition screen, the customField_1 should be hidden and only this customField_2 should be displayed in the "Details of the view screen".

Note:
1. Complete Hide/ Show in "Details of the view screen" is possible through CustomFiledConfig configuration.
2. The validation can be done in either script or server side script in the fields of transition screen.

Again, question is control(Hide/Show) the custom field in "Details of the view screen" based on the transition action/status

Thank You

1 answer

0 votes
Sadek Joma'a October 24, 2015

Hi vijayakanth, There are two easy ways to do that: 1- Use the behaviors plugin. 2- Use Live Fields from JJupin plugin. (I prefer this one since it is simpler) Both plugins have good documentations and support. And there is the hard way: You write your own JS and put it in the description field of your custom field. Sadek

Suggest an answer