It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

hide security level field

I am unable to hide the "security level" field in view form. I configured the Issue security and its working as I expected so wanted to hide that field to everyone. This field value set by workflow - post function on create so its not editable. Even I did not added in view screen.

I tried using behavior using following code but no luck.

def securityField = getFieldByName("Security Level")
securityField.setHidden(true)

Even I tried selecting "security Level" field in behavior and then set to hide for everyone. still did not work. Anyone has any idea how I can set hide to everyone.

Thanks,

Om

2 answers

0 votes

If you want to hide it to everyone you can do it in you field configuration. In my memorie if you use Behaviour you don't have to code just check the hide button.

Regards

@Mohamed BenzianeI already tried that field hide in field configuration but still no luck.

Look like system fields were not able to hide.

0 votes

Can you try 

def securityField = getFieldByName("level")

Hope this helps 

@Mohamed BenzianeI tried putting the log.error with this code to display the value but saying NULL. so It didn't help. I tried removing the default in issue security scheme so only people who has security level value they can see it. They said its ok to display in view screen. Others will not see because no value set to "Security Level" so it won't display in view screen.

Thanks,

Om

Mohammed Amine Community Leader Oct 06, 2019

Behaviours don't act on issue view screen as it is mentioned in the documentation 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

864 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you