hide security level field

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2018

I am unable to hide the "security level" field in view form. I configured the Issue security and its working as I expected so wanted to hide that field to everyone. This field value set by workflow - post function on create so its not editable. Even I did not added in view screen.

I tried using behavior using following code but no luck.

def securityField = getFieldByName("Security Level")
securityField.setHidden(true)

Even I tried selecting "security Level" field in behavior and then set to hide for everyone. still did not work. Anyone has any idea how I can set hide to everyone.

Thanks,

Om

2 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2018

Can you try 

def securityField = getFieldByName("level")

Hope this helps 

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2018

@Mohamed BenzianeI tried putting the log.error with this code to display the value but saying NULL. so It didn't help. I tried removing the default in issue security scheme so only people who has security level value they can see it. They said its ok to display in view screen. Others will not see because no value set to "Security Level" so it won't display in view screen.

Thanks,

Om

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2019

Behaviours don't act on issue view screen as it is mentioned in the documentation 

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2018

If you want to hide it to everyone you can do it in you field configuration. In my memorie if you use Behaviour you don't have to code just check the hide button.

Regards

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2018

@Mohamed BenzianeI already tried that field hide in field configuration but still no luck.

Omprakash Thamsetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2018

Look like system fields were not able to hide.

Suggest an answer