hello need a demo of the asset management product/add-on. How can I get one?

Cesar Perez January 18, 2017

2 answers

0 votes
Cesar Perez January 23, 2017

No I need an add on to the JIRA product we current use.  Is it that difficult to have a salesperson contact me? 

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 23, 2018

Hi @Cesar Perez1

Adrian from Spartez, creators of Asset Tracker for Jira.
I'm free for a demo of our solution, at your own convenience. 
Feel free to pick your preferred day / time for a call from my schedule here.

Cheers, 

Suresh Subbiah April 12, 2018

Hi Adrian,

I have few queries regarding Asset Tracker for JIRA:

On License:

1. There is nowhere in your website or JIRA market place, the pricing or licensing is mentioned. Does it mean, it’s free to use for companies?

On Managing Asset:

1. We could not see anywhere that Asset Tracker talks about ‘Status’ of an asset and how its managed. For example, “NEW”, “IN USE”, “EXPIRED”, “ON REPAIR” , “READY FOR AUCTION”, “SOLD”, “READY TO SCRAP”, “DONATED”.  We would like to see the current status of our assets. How does it support?
  2. Is there any “Asset Tracking” workflow be linked with asset life cycle? Something like, the asset can have the below workflow/lifecycle:

NEW > IN USE > ON REPAIR > EXPIRED > SOLD

NEW > IN USE > ON REPAIR > EXPIRED > DONATED

1. Is there anywhere we can get email alert if an asset is not assigned or not used for more than 30days?
  2. Is there a way to automatically calculate asset depreciation value for every year based on the pre-configured depreciation %?  For eg,  configured depreciation % is 50% for all asset; Buy laptop 2018 for 1000$; It becomes 500$ in 2019; 250$ in 2020 etc.
  3. Is there a way to prepare a list of items qualify for quarterly scheduled maintenance based on the purchase date
  4. We want to create separate inventory for each country but from same JIRA server. How do we control the accessibility just like other JIRA Projects?

Thanks,

Suresh Subbiah

Aidy Love
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2018

Hi @Suresh Subbiah

Apologies I missed this revert, it got lost in my extensive list of notifications. 😐

Even though our support has since responded to the same request, I will also revert here for posterity / benefit of other readers. 😊

On License:

1. There is nowhere in your website or JIRA market place, the pricing or licensing is mentioned. Does it mean, it’s free to use for companies?

Correct, Asset Tracker for Jira is currently a free app for Jira server. 
That said, we are in the midst of planning for a transition to a paid license model in the near future. With the transition, comes an increased focus on development through an expansion of the team building Asset Tracker. 

Pricing details will be shared with current users well in advance of the switch.

On Managing Asset:

1. We could not see anywhere that Asset Tracker talks about ‘Status’ of an asset and how its managed. For example, “NEW”, “IN USE”, “EXPIRED”, “ON REPAIR” , “READY FOR AUCTION”, “SOLD”, “READY TO SCRAP”, “DONATED”.  We would like to see the current status of our assets. How does it support?

In Asset Tracker, you can define custom field types which can then be associated with specific Asset Types. 
    The field type which would best suit for unique statuses would be the single select. 
    It would then be a case of mapping the status values for this field, such as those which you have stated - 'New', 'In Use', 'Expired' etc

Field type config - 
    2018-04-16_1025.png

Field values config - 
    2018-04-16_1026.png

2. Is there any “Asset Tracking” workflow be linked with asset life cycle? Something like, the asset can have the below workflow/lifecycle:

NEW > IN USE > ON REPAIR > EXPIRED > SOLD

NEW > IN USE > ON REPAIR > EXPIRED > DONATED

Yes, you can apply a workflow either by having the status of the asset changed manually through it's lifecycle, or if an asset is linked with a Jira issue, it's status can be updated with a workflow post-function. 

For the former, status updates can be done directly on the asset record in Jira, or by scanning the asset tag (QR code) via our mobile app (Android or iOS). 

Within the app, you have the flexibility to configure scan profiles— which determine what action will be applied to an asset when a QR code is scanned. 

In the latter case, the workflow post-function is configured on the Jira project level. Here you can define an asset action for when linked Jira issues transition from one state, to another. 

i.e. You can set it in such a way that when a Jira issue moves from 'To Do' to 'Repair', it will also update the asset status field with a value that corresponds, or similar. 

You can read a bit more about the configuration of workflow post-functions in our documentation here.

Also, if you're interested in creating custom automation rules in Jira Service Desk for assets, then you can read more about that here.  

1. Is there anywhere we can get email alert if an asset is not assigned or not used for more than 30days?
    Yes. In Asset Tracker you can schedule saved searches (reports) with notifications to be sent to your mail at a daily, weekly or monthly frequency.

The search syntax used in Asset Tracker isn't too dissimilar to the one used in Jira (JQL). That is, you can perform functional searches and refine queries by field, operators (binary / unary), values, conjunctions and order.

If you want to receive a notification for assets which haven't been assigned or used for then you would use a query akin to; 

system.user IS EMPTY OR last.check > -30d

It would then be a matter of saving this search and scheduling the query / notification to run at a frequency that suits you.
    If the asset user is empty, and the last check date was greater than 30 days ago, then it would be safe to deem that assets have been idle.

2018-04-18_1226.png

2. Is there a way to automatically calculate asset depreciation value for every year based on the pre-configured depreciation %?  For eg,  configured depreciation % is 50% for all asset; Buy laptop 2018 for 1000$; It becomes 500$ in 2019; 250$ in 2020 etc.
    We currently don't have a means to create conditional rules / actions for Assets / fields. That said, this is an awesome idea, which would be a worthy addition to expand the scope of the actions which can be defined and automated for assets.

3. Is there a way to prepare a list of items qualify for quarterly scheduled maintenance based on the purchase date

Yes. You can use relative date values within search to return a list of assets based on their purchase date + 3m 

Here's an example of the query you would use for this report / notification;
    purchase.date > 3m

Granted, you will need to define a custom field type for purchase date as it isn't currently a system field by default.

4. We want to create separate inventory for each country but from same JIRA server. 
    How do we control the accessibility just like other JIRA Projects?
    We currently don't support granular access permissions for asset folders / sub-folders. 
    As is, access management is applied globally for all assets within the limit of who / which groups can access (browse or edit) assets, and those who have access to administer asset tracker(general app configuration), such as Jira admins. 

I'll reach out to you directly via the active support thread you have with us to collect more info on your use case / requirements. 👍
0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

I'm guessing you're referring to Riada's Insight product? You're best off contacting them directly: https://riada.se/offerings/insight/

Suggest an answer