have some question about 'page tree' macro

권유진 September 25, 2016

Hello all,

I'm trying to create page-tree of another space's specific page. this page has multiple children.

but It seems like 'page tree' macro can't get list from another space; Is there any guide or solution for this?

thanks for help smile

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2016

Is there a solution?  I doubt it!

The whole point of a Space is that its content is only visible to those that have access to the Space so apart from trying to breach that "confidentiality",  why bother doing it when the other Users can just look at the Space directly.

권유진 September 25, 2016

some of pages should be shared among my colleagues; such like 'trouble shooting' or 'guide'.

but the problem is, every team has their own space, and by the human nature, they didn't read pages on another space sad ...

now, I made a page which contains only one link; the URL of 'trouble shooting' page in another space... 

anyway, thanks for answer.

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2016

Ok - we use a "common" Space that all our Users automatically have access to in addition to whatever specific Space they have been individually granted.

That common Space then contains all the User guides, templates etc and appears on each Users Dashboard.

If you really need to, then you can put a page in each User's Space which contains the "Excerpt Include" macro to put info from the common Space directly in each other Space, but you only have to maintain it in the one common Space smile

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2016

Yes. Start typing the target space name in the Restrict to this Space Key field and select the space that is autocompleted. You can also specify the root page of the list.

Suggest an answer