groovy script for copying a custom field value from an associated issue to EPIC's custom field

Manjunatha K R March 14, 2017

Hi,

I am using the below script to copy a custom field value set from an associated issue to EPIC's custom field. But I am getting the below error and unable to get the value in EPIC's custom. Please advice, what it's wrong in my script.

2017-03-15 20:13:21,907 WARN [workflow.ScriptWorkflowFunction]: 
{customfield_10715=Invalid value 'YES' passed for customfield 'Global XLS Update Impacted'. Allowed values are: 13624[YES], 13625[NO], -1}

Trying to copy "Global XLS Update IMPACT" set custom field from an associated issue to EPIC custom field "Global XLS Update Impacted" of Radio button date type has YES, NO values configured as default values in it.

Based on Associated issue value set, has to be copied into EPIC's custom field.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException
log.setLevel(org.apache.log4j.Level.DEBUG)
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueInputParameters
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.LazyLoadedOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option

def issue = issue as Issue
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
def issueService = ComponentAccessor.getIssueService()

def epicLinkCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Epic Link")

def epicLink = issue.getCustomFieldValue(epicLinkCf) as Issue

IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters();

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

def cascade3 = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Global XLS Update IMPACT") //Associated issue's custom field name; Radio button date type

def cascade99 = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Global XLS Update Impacted") //EPIC's custom field name; Radio button date type

String cfVal3 = issue.getCustomFieldValue(cascade3)

String optionToSet1 = ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager().getOptions(cascade99.getRelevantConfig(epicLink)).find {option -> option.value == cfVal3}

issueInputParameters.addCustomFieldValue("customfield_10715", optionToSet1) //customfield_10715 is custom field id of EPIC's custom field i,e Global XLS Update Impacted

def updateValidationResult = issueService.validateUpdate(currentUser, epicLink.id, issueInputParameters)

if (updateValidationResult.isValid()) {
        issueService.update(currentUser, updateValidationResult)
    } else {
        log.warn updateValidationResult.errorCollection.errors
    }
  • Manju

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Manjunatha K R March 15, 2017

I got the needed solution and modified the below 2 lines to pass the optionId now as below::

with this, able to update the value to EPIC's custom field successfully now. Thanks.

def 
optionToSet1 = 
ComponentAccessor.getOptionsManager().getOptions(cascade99.getRelevantConfig(epicLink)).find
 {option -> option.value == cfVal3}

String  optionToSet2 = optionToSet1.optionId
issueInputParameters.addCustomFieldValue("customfield_10715", optionToSet2) //customfield_10715 is custom field id of EPIC's custom field i,e Global XLS Update Impacted
Teja December 7, 2017

Hi Manjunath,

Do you know how to validate custom field value from the linked issue while linking to other issue on create screen?

Test112.PNG

Lets just say I want to create new bug, and is having "Cause"[select type single choice] field contains "Product Feature" and "Technical Feature". 

If user select 'Cause' field as 'Product Feature' then require at least one 'Issue Link' with relationship of "Is Caused By" must exist and must have a linked GTN Epic of where the Epic's 'Feature Type' field has the value of 'Product Feature'.

Ex: Need to validate weather 'GTN-28761' has 'Feature Type' of 'Product Feature' or not  

I am new to groovy, can you help me please

Thanks

Suggest an answer