getting error while creating request to Jira from ServiceNow

Jay Shah June 26, 2022

HI Family, I new to development and integration.

I am trying creating new request from ServiceNow to Jira. Howveer, I am getting below mentioned error for specific assignment group.

Could anyone please help me to understand this error? If you can provide detail explanation for the error or solutions that would be great.  

Error:

Request to create Jira ticket failed.
Details of Jira Error:
Method failed: (/rest/api/2/issue) with code: 400
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_10050":"Field 'customfield_10050' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

Thanks 

Jay ShahScreenshot 2022-06-26 231020.png

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is what it says it is - your REST call is trying to send content to the custom field numbered 10050, but the field either doesn't exist, or it is not on the "create request" screen.

Try creating a request in the UI to see what fields are available there.

1 vote
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2022

Hi @Jay Shah

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

Welcome to the community! I am not sure what tools you are utilizing to integrate ServiceNow with Jira, but our app Exalate specializes in creating this integration. This out of box solution would ensure that all you need to do is field level mappings and the integration would be up an running within minutes. 

Please feel free to book a demo if you would like to see the product in action. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2022

@Jay Shah hi! Did you resolve it? Are you using any tools to make the integration? There are solutions that can help you connect the two with minimal effort. ZigiOps is such a tool. It's a flexible no-code integration platform that allows customization to fit any use case. It connects the systems in a few clicks bi-directionally. Feel free to look at it and even book a demo to see it in action.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer