getting changes of atlassian-plugin.xml without running atlas-run command

aparajita kulkarni July 3, 2013

Hi,

Do we have any way to reflect changes of atlassian-plugin.xml in Jira UI other than atlas-run command?

Becoz every time even running atlas run command taking lot of time. even if I change weight attribute or location of web-item to test every time executing atlas-run command taking time. Please let me know the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Aparajita

2 answers

1 vote
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Hi Aprajita,

Fast Dev documentation is helpful

[https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Automatic+Plugin+Reinstallation+with+FastDev]

Regards

Onkar Ahire

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

HI,

This is my knowledge, but I dono exactly, When you change the POM.xml only you need to run atlas-run, I dono may be I am wrong too, If you are using eclipse and maven plugin, then when you change your atlassian-plugin.xml, you can do maven-clean and maven-package(to build it as a JAR) or maven- build to build it.

Hope this hepls.

aparajita kulkarni July 3, 2013

Tahnks for your response.

I didn't configured jira in eclipse. I am working from command promot and trying to do changes file fin editplus. Any way even in eclipse also you are telling u need to build. Can we skip this building or running atlas-run command every time we do changes to atlassian-plugin.xml?

Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2013

Hi,

I dont think so building r running is needed whenever you change the atlassian-plugin.xml, you can clean it and you can run package if you want .jar file, all the changes that you have made in atlassian-plugin.xml will be there in the .jar file.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer